“If it were easy everyone would do it. If it were hard, no one would do it. If it wasn’t worth it, Jesus wouldn’t have done it… or called us to do it.”
The process of becoming a foster or adoptive parent can seem overwhelming, but we are here to help you begin your journey! If you are interested in becoming a foster or adoptive parent, or just need more information, please call any of our regional branches. We will be happy to connect you with the team member who can get the verification process started and walk you through each phase. One of our highly trained and informative Foster Home Developers will answer your questions, guide you through the screening process, provide you with the needed training courses and schedule and complete your home study which can all take up to 90-days.
At Therapeutic Family Life we take pride in providing you with the support you need to guarantee you are equipped to care for each child placed in your loving home.
What are you waiting for? Give us a call and become part of the TFL Family!
How do we start the process?
Email us and request an application packet or download the forms below. The Application needs to be filled out for each foster parent; the Questionnaire, Health Status Form, Affidavit, and Consent for Criminal History Check need to be filled out by each individual.
- Foster Parent Application
- Health Status Form
- Consent for Criminal History Check (Foster Parent Applicants, All Household Members, and All Frequent Visitors)
- FAST PASS (Foster Parent Applicants and All Household Members)
- Family Violence Disclosure
Make a copy of these items and send the copies to us with your application packet.
- Driver’s license
- Social Security card
- Auto insurance
- Home insurance
- CPR training card (Foster parent applicants only)
- First Aid training card (Foster parent applicants only)
- Birth Certificates (Foster Parent and All Household Members)
- Marriage/Divorce Certificate
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Pet Vaccinations
Next: (Foster Parent Applicants only):
Arrange either with us or a foster family you know to observe a therapeutic level foster family, and fill out the observation form.
Contact your local office and we will arrange for your training. After attending training, we will conduct a homestudy.
If you have any questions or need help please feel free to contact one of our Foster Home Developers in your area.
- Arlington, Texas 1-817-265-2328
- Austin, Texas (512) 451-7310
- Houston, Texas 1-713-861-1500
- Nederland, Texas 1-409-722-3000
- San Antonio, Texas 1-210-348-6544
- Temple, Texas 1-254-773-3313